The hotel where you will perform your hospitality internship belongs to the category of luxury hotels. You can find the hotel in the South of the city and near the famous Prawirotaman Street.
The employees in the hotel are mostly local people. The people in Yogyakarta are known for their open, friendly and generous mentality. This creates a nice working environment where you will be able to not only develop yourself but also help the company to develop. You will help the hotel with Sales & Marketing, you will write a marketing plan and will perform research on the level of satisfaction among guests. Besides that, you will get a rotating program in which you will gain experience in each department within the company. From the front office to the housekeeping. You will need an open mindset to adjust to the local culture and the city.
If Jakarta is Java’s financial and industrial powerhouse, Yogyakarta is its soul. Yogyakarta is one of the most important cities of Indonesia. With a lot of temples, monuments, traditions, and habits this is a city with a lot of history. Yogyakarta is also known as the number one student city in Indonesia, so besides the culture, Yogyakarta has a vibrant nightlife and a lot of activities to do for the students. Because Yogyakarta is the biggest student city in Indonesia, you don’t need to worry about finding friends or other students, there are many events for students throughout the year.
What are we looking for?
Proactive students who are motivated to help the company grow. Within this internship it is important that you can work in a team, but you can also manage yourself on an individual level.
- Hospitality or facility student who has to do an internship abroad for 3 to 5 months.
- Business/Marketing student who would like to work within the company for 3 to 5 months.
- Independent person with social skills that can manage themselves to stay in a foreign country for a longer period of time.
- Fluent in English and prepared to learn a little bit of Indonesian!
- Not afraid of an adventure in a brilliant city.